Or, click the map above to browse all job listings by city.
Employment related news
- Reluctant managers must learn to lead
- Two-thirds of the new managers were not specifically seeking a management role in their company when they got the nod and nearly half didn't specifically want to be a manager.
- Young manager must respect experience but establish authority
- As a young newcomer managing an experienced staff, you need to find a happy medium between micromanaging and giving them free rein. If you naturally tend to lean one way or the other, you must modify your style accordingly.
- Plenty of reasons why employees aren't "engaged"
- Even though the U.S. job market - finally - has improved from its post-recession depths, the improvement hasn't looked like past recoveries, which significantly improved workers pay and/or job satisfaction.
Job Fairs / Open Houses
- ALL DAY JOB FAIR - Norfolk Health & Rehabilitation Center - We are seeking Nurses and CNAs - Tuesday, August 11, 2015 from 7 am to 7 pm
- Applying online for a job
- Tips to help your submission
- Writing a winning resume
- Tips to help you get the call
- How to ace your interview
- Tips to help you prepare
- Planning for young workers
- A guide to get you started
- Salary Wizard
- Find out what you're worth
CareerConnection.com is Hampton Roads' leading online recruitment site. We have the most jobs and the best employers in Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Portsmouth, Hampton and Newport News! At jobs.hamptonroads.com you'll find job postings for nursing positions in Norfolk and retail jobs in Virginia Beach. Some of our most popular categories are sales and retail, advertising, marketing and media, management, administration and general office, maintenance, non-profit, computers, technology, accounting and finance, medical, healthcare and nursing. [Read more]
You can find or search for your dream job, apply online, post your resume, get resume writing help, see resume hints and tips, and find information about local employers. You can even find information about the local economy and the unemployment rate. We have the most comprehensive list of companies in Hampton Roads who are hiring now!
Want to land a job in specialized fields like criminal justice, medical services, medical transcription, nursing, accounting, IT, high-tech, audio-visual and graphic design? You can find technical training schools and vocational schools where you can earn an associates degree or bachelors degree in these exciting and rewarding career fields. We even have business opportunities if you want to open your own franchise or run your own business.
Put CareerConnection on HamptonRoads.com to work for you!
Have questions or feedback? Contact us at (757) 446-2900 or click here to e-mail us.
View online video clips of jobs available NOW from the regions Best Employers!
Jobs By Category
Sales jobs Retail jobs Marketing jobs IT jobs Accounting jobs Healthcare jobs Restaurant jobs Part-time jobs Insurance jobs Warehouse jobs Government jobs Engineering jobs Manufacturing jobs Telemarketing jobs Management jobs Administrative jobs Maintenance jobs Cosmetology jobs Nursing jobs Hospitality jobs